Early in March, Anthony from A.H. Electrical Services in Ferndown began a schedule of work to overhaul, renovate and certify the basic electrical system, and to install the Sport England funded ventilation equipment.
The ventilation equipment will provide sufficient ventilation to the club room and the firing point so that we can use the facilities in a Covid-19 secure way without having to leave all the doors open.
We have taken the opportunity to make a complete review of the electrical system and bring it up to current standards where necessary. This will help to ensure a safe environment for us all.
The scope of the work is:
- Peform a full safety certification test to identify problems with the electrical system
- Replace the old fuse box and isolator switch with a modern consumer unit
- Replace all the target lighting with LED striplights on a dedicated circuit
- Replace or secure lights, switches and sockets as necessary to meet current safety standards
- Install and commission the ventilation equipment in the club room and the firing point
SSEB have also been on site and have removed some un used cables and replaced the ‘tails’ that connect to the meter.
The schedule of work was finished on 25th March, and the new ventilation system is up and running. Anthony the electrician has made a really neat job
Now the clear up begins!